Sunday 16 July 2006

The Contribution of Jews is Simply Astounding!

On 11 June 2004, can you guess who said this?

"My broad view is that the entire modern humanist, liberal, progressive culture of today has its intellectual and historical origins in Judaism and the work of Jewish scholars and rabbis going back more than 2,000 years."
Let's give you a few more clues. He who thinks Jews are fab also said:

"The contribution of generation after generation of Jewish people and communities across all fields of human achievement, the sciences, political thought, arts and culture is simply astounding."
AND:

"In London one of our first debts is to the role played by the Jewish community in the East End in confronting and defeating Moseley's Blackshirts in the 1930s."
You'll figure it out after this:

"Jewish Londoners have been around longer than virtually any other community and are inseparable from London's history and its prosperity. I'm very proud to have such a communityin this city."
Ken Livingstone has also said:

"There’s no evidence of where my maternal grandmother came from, she was called Zona. And I remember a couple of times when I was a kid, she would say to me, “Don’t let anyone ever tell you you’re Jewish.
Which made me think we must be, otherwise why would she raise this? And I remember chatting to Greville Janner about this, saying it sounds like a middle European name. So I might be Jewish."

No comments:

Post a Comment