Wednesday 13 September 2006

They feel like the Jews of Europe

On 4 July 2008, the UK's first Muslim Minister, Shahid Malik, said this in The Independent:

"I think most people would agree that if you ask Muslims today what do they feel like, THEY FEEL LIKE THE JEWS OF EUROPE… Somehow there's a message out there that it's OK to target people as long as it's Muslims. And you don't have to worry about the facts… It makes Muslims feel like ALIENS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY."
I don’t think all Muslims would agree with you about the 'aliens in their own country' bit, Mr Malik. You see, I remember watching Who You Calling A Nigger in August 2004. Shaja, a British born Pakistani living in the Burchill's area of Walsall, said this on that Channel 4 programme:

"For years it was a no-go zone for white people, black people, anyone, man... If you ain't a Paki, you ain't comin' in Burchills' man. You come fuck with us, you're dead, man...

Twenty years ago, there was no Pakis 'ere, no one was doin' nothin'. But now the Pakis have made a stamp, man.

Now, think 20 years ahead, fuck knows, man, this is going to be Pakistan, not England, Pakistan! They're all fucking shipping over, know what I mean, man, fake passports."
I reckon Shaja thinks entirely differently to the way you do, Mr Malik. I should think that he’d be thinking I was more of an alien than your average Pakistani immigrant, wouldn’t you?

And as for feeling like a Jew, well, Shaja said this a little later on:

"I don't like Jews. If I had the chance, I'd do one over, I'd break 'im, man. Jews are my enemies."
Here's another who might disagree with Mr Malik about the Jewish thing:














Here's another:










The documentary, Who You Calling a Nigger, was written and presented by Darcus Howe, who is West Indian.

Check out Shahid Malik's sense of empathy

No comments:

Post a Comment