Thursday 14 June 2012

John Cleese

On 31 August 2011, The Australian Broadcast Cooporation’s Chris Uhlmann interviewed John Cleese for the show, 7.30.

During the interview, Cleese said this:
"I'm not sure what's going on in Britain… I don't know what's going on in London. Because LONDON IS NO LONGER AN ENGLISH CITY and that's how they got the Olympics. I mean, they said, ‘We're the most cosmopolitan city on Earth,’ but IT DOESN'T FEEL ENGLISH.

I had a Californian friend come over two months ago, walk down the Kings Road and said to me, ‘Well WHERE ARE ALL THE ENGLISH PEOPLE?’… WHEN THE PARENT CULTURE KIND OF DISSIPATES, YOU'RE LEFT THINKING, ‘WELL, WHAT'S GOING ON?’”
In the interview, Cleese also said this:
“And then WE HAVE OF COURSE THE WORST PRESS IN THE WORLD, you know, instigated by a countryman of yours. And THEIR STANDARDS JUST GO DOWN AND DOWN AND DOWN. THEY NO LONGER EVEN CARE WHETHER THE STORY'S RIGHT. They just make sure it isn't actionable. And THAT DOESN'T IMPROVE ONE'S QUALITY OF LIFE…

THEY HAD IT COMING TO THEM and I hope it goes on coming to them. Not that it's just THE MURDOCH PEOPLE. I mean, The Daily Mail, papers like that, I think it's coming to them too."
Well said, John. A bit late mind. A bit too long after the Australian-American press Baron bolted so to speak. But honest comment bluntly stated from the happy, shiny people who live on the Big Rock Candy Mountain surrounded by fluffy, pink clouds, is always welcome. Seeing as the sheeple actually pay attention to what their shiny icons have to say.

He added:
“English television from the Fifties to the Nineties was the least bad in the world and NOW IT’S JUST AS BAD AS IT IS ANYWHERE… I really don’t want to work for the BBC any more, I feel that strongly about it.”
More here...

No comments:

Post a Comment