Friday 9 August 2013

British billions for Bongo-Bongo Land

On 11 July 2013, at a meeting of his UKIP supporters in Wordsley, West Midlands, Godfrey Bloom, MEP for for Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire, bemoaned the billions the CondDems are handing out in foreign aid thus:
"How we can possibly be giving £1bn a month, when we're in this sort of debt, to bongo bongo land is completely beyond me. To buy Ray-Ban sunglasses, apartments in Paris, Ferraris and all the rest of it that goes with most of the foreign aid. F18s for Pakistan. We need a new squadron of F18s. Who's got the squadrons? Pakistan, where we send the money.”
Later in the speech, Godfrey denounced the European Court of Human Rights for ruling that a full life sentence could not be handed down thus:
"You can torture people to death but you jolly well can't give them a full life sentence because that's against their human rights. We can't hang them because we're now a member of the European Union and it's embedded in the treaty of Rome. It's a personal thing, but I'd hang the bastards myself.

Especially for some of these, especially for the guy who hacked the soldier to death. I do hope they would ask me to throw the rope over the beam because I'd be delighted to do so."
Godfrey’s use of the phrase ‘bongo-bongo’ land presented the PC Crowd with an opportunity to cry ‘racism’ and he found himself having to explain the comment in a number of forums.

Here’s what he said:
"It's sad how anybody can be offended by a reference to a country that doesn't exist. If I've offended anybody in Bongo Bongo Land I will write to their ambassador at the Court of St James…

Look, my job is to upset The Guardian and The BBC. I love it, I love it…

What I am suggesting is when a country has £1 trillion of debt and we're cutting our hospitals, our police force and we are destroying our defence services, that the money should stay at home… to give money to worthwhile charities... is for the individual citizen, it's not for the likes of David Cameron to pick our pockets and send money to charities of his choice. If I want to send money to charity, I will do it of my own accord thank you…

There are people in this country who can't get treatment for cancer. There are people who are waiting in a queue for dialysis machines. All I'm saying is, and I think you'll find most of your listeners will agree with me rather than The Guardian, that money should stay at home. Charity begins at home…

I think I'm standing up for ordinary people at the pub, the cricket club, the rugby club, the sort of people who remain completely unrepresented under the political system that we have…

We live in a free country, I'm a libertarian, please don't vote for me if you don't agree with me. I wouldn't expect you to. But if you're fed up with £1 billion a month going abroad with no audit trail when we're cutting our police and hospitals, vote for me.

If you don't believe that's treason, treason, I use the word advisedly, that's how I feel. That's it." (BBC)
Well said, Godfrey! Explaining his use of the phrase ‘bongo-bongo land’, he said:
“I was describing corrupt despots across the globe who have no audit facilities at all, who either spend the money we give them on arms or they misdirect it.” (Channel 4 News)
When it was suggested that a majority would think of the ‘bongo-bongo land’ reference as racist, he said:
"No, they wouldn't. They might in your Westminster bubble, your little world of Westminster, but out here in Hull and Yorkshire, where we tell it like it is, they don't feel it's racist at all... The only people that seem to be upset about this expression are the media people, not ordinary people…

My aim, successful as it appears, was to demonstrate the immorality of sending £1bn per month abroad when we are desperately short of money here…

What I would argue is that it is for the individual citizen. It's not for the likes of David Cameron to pick up our pockets and send money to the charities of his choice. If I want to send money to charity, I will do it of my own accord….

What is good now, I've turned this into a national debate on where £1bn of our money goes every month. If I've achieved that, I think I've done my country some good… It would be disingenuous of me to have regret having said it, having got this debate going." (Sky News) “I'm not a wishy-washy Tory. I don't do political correctness. The fact that the Guardian is reporting this will probably double my vote in the north of England." (The Guardian)
Labour’s shadow development minister, Rushanara Ali, responded to Godfrey’s old-fashioned straightforwardness thus:
"These are an offensive and narrow-minded set of remarks. The British are among the most generous in the world and recognise that Britain's commitment to international development is both morally right and key to securing our future prosperity. 
If Nigel Farage is serious about getting rid of racism and intolerance in his party, he should take action against UKIP politicians who think it's acceptable to refer to developing countries as bongo bongo land."
Laura Pidcock, of the campaign group Show Racism the Red Card, said:
"What I can tell you is that, in the classrooms that I visit as an anti-racism education worker, these crude stereotypes that see Britain as a civilised place and overseas as tribal is an extremely homogenising sentiment and I think it's incredibly damaging…

I think what Godfrey needs to understand is that intention is irrelevant in defining the outcome of prejudice or the existence of prejudice and actually who defines what political correctness is? Political correctness is not homogenising people, is not saying that they are the ones who need to be civilised, they are still part of this colonial idea of bongo drums.

Actually he needs to understand that it is highly offensive and what he meant by it isn't important - it's the outcome that's important."
So that’s what political correctness is. Not being homogeneous. Giving ourselves over to the melting pot.

If I was the boss, this fine pair of sanctimonious, PC wagtails would be flogged, branded, sent down the mines and allowed out when they had learned what my ancestors went through to make this a country that every last Rushnara seems to want to come to and too many of the Lauras want to take the p*** out of.

And Godfrey would get a gong. For standing up for us when those who routinely use words like ‘racism’, ‘anti-racism’, ‘intolerance’, ‘crude stereotypes’, ‘damaging’, ‘prejudice,’ ‘colonial’ and  ‘offensive’would rather stand up for everyone else.

Here’s how our country used to be when it was homogeneous. Before they began shipping in the offendable folk by the half million annually.

In a 1944 essay titled 'The English People', George Orwell wrote with affection of the ‘gentle-mannered, undemonstrative, law-abiding English’. 

He said that foreigners were amazed by our ‘gentleness… by the orderly behaviour of English crowds, the lack of pushing and quarrelling’. He also said that there was ‘very little crime or violence.’

Despite the war, that’s how our world was in 1944.

In 1955, the anthropologist, Geoffrey Gorer, was moved to say this:
"The English are certainly among the most peaceful, gentle, courteous and orderly populations that the civilised world has ever seen."
That's what we had before the politicians and the social engineers, those who knew so much better and saw so much further than the rest of us, decided to change it all.

By 2009, Frank Field, a uniquely honest Labour politician, was admitting to this:
"In my constituency… there are now more violent crimes against the person than there were in the whole country 50 years ago."
That's what half a century of immigrant-first, indigenous-last parliamentary and media treachery and Pidcock-like anti-indigenous activism has given us.

I hate the PC Crowd.

So should you.

If you’re on Godfrey’s side here, give hatred a go.

P.S. Those who howl racism whenever the opportunity arises would undoubtedly describe me as 'anti-Semitic'. When they weren’t calling me a ‘Fascist,’ a ‘Nazi’, ‘bigot’ or something else straight out of the Big Girl's Book of British Bashing Bogey Words.

Godfrey Bloom is Jewish.

No comments:

Post a Comment