Tuesday 3 September 2013

England is past it's sell-by date

In a 2 September interview for The Radio Times, former footballer turned actor, Vinnie Jones, who now lives in California, said this:
“There’s nothing to come back to here. To me, England is past its sell-by date. It’s not the country I grew up in. It’s a European country now.
If someone blindfolded you and put you on a plane in LA, and you landed at Heathrow and they took it off, you wouldn’t have a clue where you were.
I just think we should get our own house in order before we open our doors. It’s mind-boggling to me.”
Vinnie, star of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, was also critical of the foreign takeover of England’s Premier League.
“That rolling around, that’s the foreign players. I said it all 15 years ago, that diving would creep in... It’s all happening, just like I said it would. The likes of Frank Lampard and John Terry at Chelsea, English players with proper status at a club, they’re going to be like the dodo bird. Extinct…

If you want to know what makes me emotional, it’s nature stuff. I haven’t got Tarantino’s films on my iPad, I’ve got Attenborough. Growing up, Glenn Hoddle was my hero. But away from football, it was Attenborough. And it still is.”
Good for you, Vinnie. Every British man should be into the ‘nature stuff,’ the world as it ought to be.

We all were once. Nowadays... I'd be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment