Wednesday 28 June 2006

Louise Mensch, MP: taking drugs was a natural part of growing up

On 8 November 2011, Tory MP, Louise Mensch, said taking class A drugs was a 'natural part of growing up' in The Sunday Times.

She continued:

“It was very damaging and I wish I had not done it. I DO BLAME THEM FOR DISTURBING MY LONG-TERM HAPPINESS. I BLAME DRUG USE IN MY TWENTIES FOR MAKING ME JUMPIER AND MORE NERVOUS THAN I NEEDED TO BE.”
Questioned as to whether she had had a facelift to enhance her looks, Mensch said this:

“My God. Um… OK… I’ve always wondered what I would say the first time somebody asked me this question. And without denying it, I’m going to refuse to answer.”
On 26 August 2008, Judith Woods said this in The Telegraph:

“In 1998, she memorably penned a piece for The Daily Telegraph BULLISHLY FLAGGING UP HER INTENTION TO FIND A HUSBAND IN THE UNITED STATES, where she was pitching scripts, while writing her next book, Venus Envy. Surely the very height of hubris? Not for Bagshawe, who duly bagged Anthony LoCicero, a dashing property developer of Italian origin... They have four properties they rent out in the US, and BAGSHAWE PLANS TO HAVE A TOTAL OF 15 BY THE TIME SHE RETIRES…

With three children, ranging in age from one to five, the couple live in a four-bedroom Georgian cottage in the Northamptonshire village of Lowick.”
On 24 July 2011, in an Anthony Andrews article in The Observer, Mensch characterised LoCicero as ‘A TOUGH GUY FROM THE BRONX’.

Andrews added:

“They separated in 2009. While together, the pair bought a number of apartments to rent in New York, and in an interview she gave in 2003 MENSCH BOASTED OF EARNING ENOUGH RENTAL INCOME TO ‘RETIRE BY THE TIME I'M 35.’ In what may have been a playful aside, she went on to say that ‘passive income’ was everyone's dream. ‘YOU SIT ON YOUR BUTT AND SOMEONE ELSE PAYS YOU MONEY’.”
Bagshawe-Mensch has also said these things:

"I'M PROUD TO SAY I WAS ONCE IN THE LABOUR PARTY… Blair seemed to talk the right talk. But the scales fell from my eyes within months.“
“I'm not embarrassed about the novels I wrote when I was younger.”
In June 2011, Cameron A-lister and ‘chick-lit’ authoress, Louise Bagshawe-LoCicero (who had once entertained the notion of converting from Catholicism to to Judaism) swapped her 'tough guy from the Bronx' for a Jewish pop/rock Moghul. New hubbie, Peter Mensch, is the manager of Metallica, Jimmy Page, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shania Twain, Garbage, Snow Patrol and other leading acts.

The MP for Corby (oh, she of the posey, look-at-me-everyone photoshoot) would appear to be a gold digger made good.

And a former druggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment