Sunday 10 June 2012

Abraham Lincoln

Contrary to popular, officially encouraged, mythology and much misleading media spin, Abraham Lincoln did not fight the American Civil war to free the slaves.

The war was fought to save the Union.

In a 22 August 1862 letter to Horace Greeley, editor of The New York Tribune, he makes his position very clear.

Lincoln says in part:

"I would save the Union... The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be the Union as it was.

If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM...

My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. IF I COULD SAVE THE UNION WITHOUT FREEING ANY SLAVE I WOULD DO IT, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union."
Not exactly what the PC Crowd, the global establishment, Steven Spielbeg et al would have us believe, is it?

Check out the Mary Ellen Synon Daily Mail essay, Abraham Lincoln: racist, war-monger, anti-liberty, imperialist, liar, for an unusually jaundiced view of Lincoln from an establishment source.

Here's something else Lincoln said:

"I have two great enemies, the southern army in front of me and the financial institutions in the rear.

Of the two, the one in the rear is the greatest enemy. The Money Power preys upon the nation in times of peace, and conspires against it in times of adversity.

It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes."
Things don't change much, do they? Know why? Because the vast majority of us don't have the courage to change them.

Oh, and these days, most of us are dumbed-down, drugged up and brainwashed, of course.

And one last anti-establishment Lincoln opinion:

"We, the People, are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who have perverted it."
Amen to that, Abe.

Amen to that.

1 comment:

  1. very insightful.. you sure could not fool ABE....

    ReplyDelete